Inclement Weather Policy
Updated Wednesday October 12, 2016 by Christian Athletic Association.
Notification of Cancellations:
- Cancellations will be posted to the CAA homepage and emailed to the league.
- CAA will notify the league of cancellations a minimum of 1 hour of scheduled events, when it is within our power to do so.
- If San Jose Parks closes fields, it is effective immediately, and the CAA will notify the league as soon as possible.
- Please note - that the San Jose Parks Department closes fields independently of CAA’s scheduled events. CAA may be notified that a field is closed less than an hour before an event. We will do our best to communicate such closures as quickly as possible.
Determination of Cancellations:
- Anytime San Jose City Parks Department closes fields - CAA events on those fields are cancelled, until SJCPD reopens the fields.
- Referees or other CAA Staff must cancel a game/practice if any of the following conditions exist:
- There are forecasted or existing severe weather conditions
- A steady rain is falling
- A lighting or electrical storm is occurring
- Fields are too wet or too muddy for general use, as indicated by:
- standing water
- soft, slippery or “squishy” ground
- when walking footsteps leave an imprint in the turf